Worktop thickness - 20mm or 30mm thickness Quartz Worktops?
20mm or 30mm thickness Quartz Worktops?
- Granite worktops are generally 30mm thick.
- Quartz worktops are generally fitted in 30mm or 20mm thickness. Some manufacturers make 13mm thickness.
- While 30mm worktops looks very aesthetically pleasing and stronger, 20 mm thick look chunkier.
- Over recent years, 20mm thick worktops have become increasingly popular benefiting from the saving on cost compared to 30 mm thickness. Contemporary kitchens tend to adapt to a slim, stripped-down look.
- In terms of costs, there is a difference in price between 20 mm and 30 mm thickness worktops. 20 mm is less expensive.
- But not always 30 mm worktops are recommended:
For kitchens with breakfast bar or island with overhangs is recommended 30mm for structural security.
- With 20mm worktops we recommend sticking to low-profile edges.